Come Back Stories..
Webmaster Asset Kit
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

RPG stats compared to RL? 

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 06 Mar 2011 07:45 Profile Norway

In rpg's you can often choose stats like charisma, intelligence, strength and so on. While I was arguing with a shop over some prizes, I saw that being charismatic had very unfair benefits against others, as I could get much better prize than others.
Then I though what would be the best abilities for normal people to be successful in RL?
What are you guys thoughts on this?

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 07 Mar 2011 14:33 Profile Satellite Provider

There are 3 kind of persons.
• The Intelligent.
• The Smart.
• The Brute.

The Smart is more likely to succeed in life and if he has some dishonesty attached, success is guaranteed.

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 07 Mar 2011 15:20 Profile Norway

That's quite over simplifying it, but I wouldn't disagree. Though those persons you describe have all quite high chances at successes. The weak, and uneducated have less, but what would is successes?

Money? Health? Love? Well that’s one’s self to decide, but “smart people” are often under much stress, as their health is rarely of great proportions. Even more so if dishonesty is added, as you noted.

Rombus

Recruit

Posted: 07 Mar 2011 19:33 Profile Bermuda

10 LCK, take Jinxed, and tag Unarmed, and Sneak,

Best character build for life.

Danlo

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 08 Mar 2011 13:03 Profile United Kingdom

The sort of characteristics you are talking about are never expressed on their own - you can't just say intelligence or charisma as all your personal characteristics are interwound together

osakafan7

Recruit

Posted: 09 Mar 2011 00:11 Profile

you need intelligence to get through school, strength to be a strong person emotionally and psychically, luck so you can get lucky =P, and i'd say stamina so you can keep yourself going. (no none of these were supposed to be bad lol)

Octavius_Generalista

Private

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 13:01 Profile United States

it also depends on your RL surroundings. If you're living in Silicon Valley, intelligence is gonna come in handy. If you're living in the Congo, you may want to brush up on your machete wielding skills

RPG stats compared to RL? 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: